Phone: (573) 576-8145 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a convergence-friendly, web-savvy reporter and editor with an interest in digital storytelling on local, regional or national issues.
- I am driven by a belief in professionalism and a desire for better news. I combine skills learned from some of the best journalists in the business with experience gained through on-the-ground coverage of one of the most difficult ongoing stories in recent history.
Sacred Heart University: August 2012 – Present
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Communication and Media Studies, teaching Introduction to Media and Culture (CM101.) Teaching one to three classes per semester.
Patch.com: May 2012 – January 2014
- Served as local editor in Newtown, Conn.
- Produced daily local reporting on a variety of topics, including the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and ongoing coverage of town government, business, police and schools. Wrote 3-8 posts per day for web with photo, video, infographic and other multimedia elements.
- Managed Facebook and Twitter feeds for Newtown Patch with more than 10,000 followers.
The New York Times: April 2011 – December 2011
- Research intern for Times investigative reporter.
- Built platforms for reporting using deep web research and data analysis.
- Assisted in coordinating a team of interns who obtained and analyzed nationwide data through inquiry and Freedom Of Information requests.
KBIA News: August 2010 – December 2011
- Reporter, producer and graduate teaching assistant in this public radio newsroom in Columbia, Missouri.
- Created, produced and reported a series on Missouri’s literary scene for broadcast and web as a collaboration between KBIA and literary journal The Missouri Review.
- University of Missouri-Columbia: Master of Arts in Journalism, 2013
- Southeast Missouri State University: Bachelor of Arts in English, 2007
- 2015 Connecticut SPJ Awards: 1st Place, Best Radio Feature (“DOJ Intervention May Help Conn. Police Regain Trust”)
- 2015 Connecticut SPJ Awards: 2nd Place, Best Radio Business Story (“Last Call for Metro Bar Cars”)
Skills and Talents
- Multimedia Reporting and Editing
- Web Writing, Producing and Editing
- AP Style
- Breaking News
- Research and Fact-Checking
- Business, Government and Breaking News Coverage
- Data-Driven and Infographic Reporting